My Little Miss turned 2 this month!
Crazy! Although sometimes she acts a lot older than 2 and talks a lot older than 2.
She is just a doll and I wanted to do something fun to celebrate her.
I decided to have a PINK CARNIVAL!!
But I wanted to miniaturize it. At least the food.
This was our menu:
mini corn dogs
mini caramel apples
mini cotton candy
mini bags of popcorn
mini bags of french fries
mini glasses of HOMEMADE rootbeer
and a mini layered cake for the birthday girl.
Check out my food table in these pictures.
Our centerpieces were small jars of pink and white Good and Plenties with a mini candy scoop. I attached pink and white balloons to the jars to make them festive.
No carnival would be complete without some Carnival games.
Using things we had around the house, our carnival games were:
balloon dart board (I used water balloons and scrap board)
ring toss (water bottles and swimming rings)
knock down the milk bottles (soft bowling set)
fishing pond (my sis in law owns the pond)
All the kids loved the games, but even the adults liked that balloon dart board.
We also had some face painting.
Cutest kitty cat and pirate!
Although that pirate eye patch took an extra day to wash completely off.
We sang happy birthday to little miss and this is how she wanted to eat her mini cake.
I think that is one of the candy pearls stuck to her nose!
We just invited our immediate family and little miss and Mr. C's cousins had a great time. One of them even said, "this is the best birthday party". Quite a compliment from a 5 year old! All the kids were able to take home a mini popcorn box full of fun goodies.
The party was enjoyed by all. Although the hubs didn't like all the work put into it, he ended up agreeing that it was worth it. I think that's the best compliment!
We sure love our little miss and enjoy having her in our family.
I can tell she is going to have her 2 year old dramatic moments, because I've already seen them. But we will love her just the same. She is a great little talker and says things that make us laugh all the time. She is so smart and can remember things really well. She knows all the words to the primary songs/nursery songs and will sing them, along with songs she makes up, at the top of her little lungs and with such expression. She says thank you all the time and when she wants to do something she always asks, "ok momma?" She loves her brother and her cousins. She is just beginning to play with others and learning to share with other kids.
Oh the adventures we are going to have with this sassy thing.
And I can't wait!
Happy Birthday sis!
see my linky party people page to see where I link up
Party Details:
Plates/Utensils/Napkins/Table Cover/Banner/Popcorn Boxes:
Target
Corn Dog Bags/Straws/Cupcake Liners/Rootbeer "Lids":
Pick Your Plum
Digi Papers/Clip Art for invites and food labels:
Happy Heart Creations
Cakes/Caramel Apples/Homemade Rootbeer/Food: Me
Food labels/Thank You Tags/Big Top Sign/Invites: Me
Labels: birthday, little miss, Party