Now that I have my wreath done for my front door, my next project needed to be something for my entry way. I wanted to create some kind of banner to hang on my big mirror.
I found all my supplies at hobby lobby.
I found some coordinating 4th of July paper that I really liked. I decided I would make some paper accordion medallions, similar to those I made at
Valentines. This time I wanted to make them bigger and fancy up the edges. I used my edge punch to make the scallop along the edge. Following my tutorial
here, I made up some 12 inch round medallions (I had to use (4) 6"x12" papers to make these).
I found these wooden stars for $1 each. They are 8 inches wide. If you wanted to cut out stars from paper you could do that too! Then you wouldn't have to have the expense of the wooden stars.
I traced the stars on the back of the papers I wanted to use, cut them out, and then I mod podged them to the front of the stars.
After making my medallions, I hot glued the stars to the fronts.
I decided I wanted to string them onto a ribbon so I could hang them.
I hung them up and think they look great. This project cost me around $8 total. Not too shabby considering I had to buy the paper to make them! I love when Hobby Lobby has 50% off on things I'm wanting to buy!
Now I just need to add a little something on the table beneath the mirror to finish it off.
Hope your 4th of July decorations are coming together too!
Here is where I'm linking up this week:
Labels: 4th of July, craft, decor